Obtaining A Work Permit
“ Work permits serve as a guideline for Gas Malaysia to supervise or monitor any third party activity. All third party works and activities within the vicinity of Gas Malaysia's installations, require authorisation by means of a work permit. It is issued on a day-to-day basis, taking into consideration the location as well as the activity executed. ”
Who Needs To Apply
You need to apply for a work permit if your construction work:
- Is on or within 2 meters of a gas installation
- Involves pipe jacking work and is within 3 meters of a gas installation.
- Involves welding or other work that generates enough heat / sparks to ignite a flame.
- Requires entrance into an enclosed area harmful to people.
- Bypasses a gas meter or disables a safety device, or part of the safety system
- Results in Natural Gas venting (any activity which may cause flammable gas to be released to the atmosphere).
- uses a mobile crane swinging a load over unprotected above-ground facilities
- Includes radiographic activity - for example, examination of welded joints in any non-destructive test.
Where To Apply
Work permits should be obtained from the nearest branch office of the intended activity area before commencing excavation or construction work.
How a Work Permit is Issued