About Gas Malaysia Energy Advance Sdn Bhd
“ A joint venture between Gas Malaysia Berhad (66%) and Tokyo Gas’ Energy Advance Co. Ltd (34%), Gas Malaysia Energy Advance Sdn Bhd (GMEA) was incorporated in 18 April 2014 to generate and sell electricity and steam through the Combined Heat and Power (CHP) system to the industrial sector. ”
Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
CHP is a simultaneous production of electricity and usable thermal energy from one single fuel source. This contrasts with conventional ways of generating electricity where a vast amount of heat is simply wasted.
In today’s coal and gas-fired power stations, up to two thirds of the overall energy consumed is lost, often seen as a cloud of steam rising from the cooling towers.
Benefits of CHP
CHP is the preferred Energy Solution given the following;
- Operating cost savings from simultaneous electricity and heat generation
- Increase power reliability and enhance power quality
- Savings from capital cost offsets from equipment and electricity service upgrade
- Improvement in environmental quality
- Possibility of step-by-step capacity increase
Application of CHP
CHP has high potential usage for industries with heat and power requirements such as, but not limited to, paper products, chemical/oleochemical, rubber products, ceramic, food & beverage, tobacco, steel products, glass and automotive/parts manufacturing.